Friday 16 July 2010

Research and Planning

We did a couple of tasks firstly to improve our skills, one of these tasks was a lip syncing excersize in which we filmed a video miming to a track and then using Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 we matched the track to the video. In this excersize I learnt how to import a video from a digital video camera and then how to believably sync the singers lips to the soundtrack. These editing skills learnt in the research and planning were extremely useful for my video production task later on.

Lip syncing video:



During the production of the video, storyboarding proved useful as it enabled us to know what shots we needed and how long the shot needed to be exactly. The more accurately we did this the easier it was for us in the editing process.

In A2 research and planning I intend to:

  • Do more research into shot types commonly used in other music videos, particularly in the genre I will have chosen.
  • Storyboard in as much depth as possible.
  • Research into appropriate soundtracks for my chosen genre.
  • Carefully plan the mise-en-scene of my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment