Friday 4 March 2011

Evaluation Q1: In What Ways Does Your Media Product Use, Develop, or Challenge Forms and Conventions of Real Media Products?

Music Video Evaluation:





Print Production Evaluation: 

For my print production I took a lot of inspiration from the indie genre whereby I used filters and effects to connote nostalgia and vintage. This does not challenge the conventions of similar media products as it is typical for folk artists to incorporate the indie genre in both their music and products and often call themselves 'indie/folk artists.' My print production, along with existing products, try to give an image relevant to the auteur theory (whereby they are not influenced my 'mainstream hype' and have individual ideas determined by their creativity alone.) However this once niche genre is becoming more and more mainstream making it cohere to Adorno's theory of popular media and music products being characterised by standardisation.

This image is quite redundant because folk artists tend to use either an image containing an illustration or a scenic shot, I had also previously found that artists of the genre don't tend to use an image of themselves, which is something else I've conformed to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment