Friday 26 November 2010

Research & Planning: Creativity

For this past week I've been focused on developing my creativity. Sir Ken Robinson said that we are all born with creativity and it is then society and focused schooling that then hinders it. He says that we are taught to become scared to make mistakes and subsequently too scared to be creative. However I don't agree with some of what he says, I think it's through our interaction with the world that inspires our creativity. 

Over the past few days I've been thinking and drafting up some ideas for my print production; below are some examples.
I got the inspiration for these on a walk home one day, where I properly looked at my surroundings. Through my research into other folk artists' albums I've noticed that many are illustrated, like that of Willy Mason, so I decided to give it a go myself. 
The illustration on Willy Mason's front cover has a scribbled effect, and I tried to recreate this by using a technique a friend told me about. Using a fine liner pen, I scribbed my design on paper before outlining it by dabbing a wet paintbrush over the image creating this washed out effect.

My partner and I have also got to work drafting out some ideas for costumes, we took inspiration from those that we had seen in The Wickerman, as well as the other music videos we had looked into. 


No comments:

Post a Comment