Friday 3 December 2010

Research & Planning: Digital Technology Conclusion

This week I set myself three targets, however I have only been able to achieve one of them. This is because it took longer than I thought to recreate the split screen effect. After looking a tutorial up on Youtube, my partner and I went outside to experiment with the video cameras.        
                                                                                                            
   To achieve the split screen, you need to film a scene  
  with something in it, then the scene again with the 
  object or person moved, however it is vital that the  
  camera is kept still otherwise the shot will look 
  disjointed. This is something we could have improved 
  on as we didn't know how to attach the camera to the 
  stand and so the final shot has turned out a bit shaky.
  We will need to learn how to attach the camera to the
  stand before final filming.


After getting the shots we edited separately so we were both able to improve our skills. I imported the videos into Adobe Premiere and lay them over each other after cropping one of them to the right. Something I found difficult was matching the objects in the picture e.g. the lamp post, but this was quickly resolved through changing the sizes of the shots.


This is a montage of the videos I created showing my experimentation with split screen and focus pulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment